Nov 15, 2020
Naomi's virtual travel instructions!
- Look for music from the country
- Search on BBC Sounds (there’s a prog called
World Music Road Trip and also sometimes stuff in From Our Own
- Also try documentaries, especially
- Find the best movie you’ve never seen from
- Internet search for recipes from
- Look online for specialist
- Is there takeaway from there one could
- Can you do a few minutes of language learning
via Duolingo etc? Just enough to say hello, goodbye, please and
- Who’s their most famous writer? Read a short
- Have they ever had a movie up for best foreign
picture Oscar, or best short or best documentary?
- Where would you stay? Pick a hotel. Have a
look on Google Street View to see where you “are”
- Is there a board game (or video game!) from
that country to try?
- What sights would you try to see if you were
there? Can you find virtual tours online?
- What do people drink in a cafè or bar
- Can you learn to sing something that’s popular
there or written there?
- Put the radio on all day from that
- Change your Twitter/social media localisation
to that country
Is there a bath product/perfume/smell from there?
Follow us at @culturescast, and our hosts on Twitter at
@adrianhon @naomialderman @andrhia
We're on Mastodon
at @firstname.lastname@example.org @email@example.com @firstname.lastname@example.org